G'Shoals fire leaves one homeless
January 28, 2014, 2:15 pm by Alexandria Randolph
A Granite Shoals fire in the 900 block of Washington Street just before 1 p.m. on Tuesday caught three structures, killed a dog and left its owner homeless.
Granite Shoals Police said that the home may have caught fire due to a fireplace burn that morning.
The fire burned one home and an adjacent workshop to the ground and partially demolished another home next door.
Leonard Szalkowski, brother to the Granite Shoals woman who lost her home, said that his sister told him the fire had started at the ceiling, but police could not confirm the cause.
For more on this story, see Friday's Highlander.
|©2014 Llano County Journal. All rights reserved. All items contained on this site are property of the Llano County Journal.
714 Ford Street, Llano, Texas 78643 - Phone: (830) 693-4367